- On entering the dojo bow and say either oha yo gozaimasu, konnichi wa or konban wa
- Go to the kamiza ring the bell or gong, bow to the kamiza and say onegaishimsu
- When leaving the dojo bow and say either shisuraishemas sayonara
- Instructor should be addressed as sensei (and always bowed to)
- Before practise with a partner bow and say onegaishimasu
- After practice with a partner bow and say domoarigatogomashita
- Instructor will ask if you understand by asking wakarimasen?
- To show you understand you should reply hai! Wakarlmashita
- Never walk directly across the dojo, always walk around the outside of the training area.
- Never walk in front of anyone.
- Before class starts conversation and practice of techniques is permitted, but
- Shouting and horseplay are not acceptable.
- Finger and toenails must be kept short and clean.
- Clean gi should be worn at all times.
- No jewellery should be worn. (if it cannot be removed it must be taped over)
- Swearing will not be tolerated in the dojo.
- No outdoor shoes are permitted to be worn in the dojo.
- Barefoot or tabi are the only acceptable forms.
- No techniques are to be demonstrated outside of the dojo. (this rule has practical as well as historical reason for inclusion)
- Outside of the dojo techniques should only used for self-defence, and then only as a last resort.
- Always sit in seiza or fudoza. (Never sit with the soles of the foot/shoe facing the instructor or other student
Shinobi-Kai Stoke-on-Trent (c) 2016 - Martial Arts
in the UK - BACK